Tokyo Support Center for the Arts and Culture ARTNOTO
ARTNOTO supports the sustainable activities of various artists and cultural practitioners in Tokyo and encourage them to implement new activities.
- “I want to know about public and private subsidies available for arts and cultural activities.”
- “I don't know how to file a tax return or about the concept of copyrights.”
- “I'd like to consult someone about harassment.”
- “I need advice on carrying on my organization's activities”, etc.
Depending on the nature of your consultation, we will work with relevant organizations and experts in legal, accounting, and other fields, and will connect you to the free consultations with them.
Terms and Conditions of Consultations (Please be sure to read.)
When using the Consultation Service, please note the following:
- The consultation service of ARTNOTO (hereinafter referred to as the "Consultation Service") is a joint project by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government and the Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture’s Arts Council Tokyo (hereafter referred to as the “Foundation"). The Consultation Service is provided by Explat, a non-profit organization (hereinafter referred to as the "Operator").
- Consultants with knowledge and experience in arts and culture will be available. However, we cannot designate a specific consultant or answer questions that may identify individual consultants.
- We will not respond to any requests for consultations that violate laws and regulations, that cannot be deemed a consultation, or that are related to prohibited activities.
- Consultants cannot give direct answers to the questions and requests related to the exclusive business of a specific qualified person, since such consultations may violate laws and regulations. If necessary, we will connect you to a free consultation with a qualified person (in principle, 30 minutes per session; maximum of two consultations). However, such free consultations are intended to be a general consultations, such as advice on possible measures to be taken, and are intended to help the client make decisions (negotiations with the other parties, legal proceedings, etc. are beyond the scope of such free consultations).
- Consultations are intended to provide support from the aspect of the self-help efforts of the client and will not introduce or mediate with business connections, etc. Furthermore, clients themselves are responsible for assessing and acting upon the advice, information, etc. provided by the Consultation Service. The Tokyo Metropolitan Government, the Foundation, the Operator, and the referred specialists shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the advice, information, etc. provided through the Consultation Service.
- These "Terms and Conditions of Consultations " are subject to change as required. Any changes will be posted on this website.
Last update: October 2, 2023
* Please read and agree to the "Terms and Conditions of Consultations" above before beginning your consultation.
STEP 1Consultations Using the Entry Form
- Please follow the format of the special form to provide us with information about your consultation and other information you would like to know.
- You may use pseudonyms or nicknames when entering your name.
- After submitting the form, you will receive an auto-response email confirming that your inquiry has been received, so please check for it.
Click here for the entry form
STEP 2Response and Communication from the Consultation Service
- In principle, we will contact you by email within 7 business days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, and year-end and New Year holidays - 12/29-1/3) with answers to your questions, consultation details, and other useful information.
- Depending on the content of your consultation, we may refer you to a more appropriate point of contact.
STEP 3Consultation (by appointment)
- Depending on the content of the consultation, an interview consultation (either via Zoom or face-to-face, both by appointment) may be scheduled.
The Consultation Service will be arranged based on the consultation date, time, and consultation method (Zoom or face-to-face) requested by the client. In the case of face-to-face consultations, the consultation will take place at Arts Council Tokyo (Kudan, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo). Please note that we will not be able to travel to other locations for consultations.
- If you need an interpreter, please let us know.
Consultations with an External Specialist
- If the consultation is deemed to require a high level of expertise, an external specialist will be introduced (in principle, 30 minutes per session; maximum of two consultations, free of charge.)
- The Consultation Service will arrange the schedule, etc.
- We may not be able to meet your request if you are in a hurry for a consultation or resolution.
- The consultation is intended to be a general consultation, including advice on possible measures to be taken, to help the client make a decision (negotiations with the other parties, legal proceedings, etc. are beyond the scope of the consultations).